How would you like to TEST DRIVE your Future Career?
Remember getting behind the wheel of the vehicle you were considering purchasing and checking out the acceleration along with all the in-cabin technology? Remember how that experience influenced your decision about that vehicle?
At Forcum Lannom Contractors, we let interns do exactly that with their careers! We offer several career path opportunities through our Internship Program. We partner with area colleges and universities to offer architectural, engineering, and construction management students the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and work experience during the internship period.
What is an internship?
- It is an introductory position in one of Forcum Lannom Contractors’ areas of expertise for a defined period.
- It is usually a paid position, but the primary purpose is to provide the Intern with valuable work experience in the engineering/construction/construction management fields.
- Internships may also be used to fulfill university/college requirements.
What are Forcum Lannom Contractors’ Areas of Expertise?
- Design: Explore the realm of project design with our team of qualified professionals in architecture, civil engineering, and structural engineering. Get hands-on opportunities to work with the newest technologies in 3-D design.
- Preconstruction: Working closely with the design team, learn computerized quantity surveys, value management of materials and systems, bid packaging, and subcontractor contact.
- Project Management: Assist the management team with the overall project coordination of design, preconstruction, procurement, field operations, project scheduling, and final project closeout.
- Field Operations: This is where the “Magic Happens.” From all the previous planning, designing, pricing, and scheduling, you will get to participate in the project's actual construction. Whether it’s the field engineering (layout), site grading (earthwork/ storm drainage/ utilities), concrete placement (foundations/ slabs/ tilt walls), steel erection, or architectural finishes, you will get hands-on experience with quality field supervisors, engineers, project managers and see how the construction sequence progresses.
What are the Benefits?
- Strengthens your resume
- May be used to fulfill university/ college requirements
- Allows you to gain “hands-on” experience and knowledge in the Design/ Build Construction Industry from Forcum Lannom Contractors, one of the industry’s leaders
- Develops your “soft” skills (planning, accountability, time management, teamwork) through communication with the Project Team as well as vendors/ subcontractors and network with industry professionals
- Allows you to TEST DRIVE one or more of the different areas offered in Design-Build Construction and perhaps even Pick Up the Keys to your Future Career!